Contract Period: 27 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT Design& Build 2011
Interior Designer: Greenspace
CA/QS: Tower Eight
Apex were appointed by Anthology to construct and fit-out a new building to provide the Sales & Marketing Suite for their Hoxton Press residential development. The works were undertaken within the grounds of the adjacent Shoreditch Park Primary School, and were subject to a very tight programme.
- All works involving heavy plant or craneage were completed during the school’s summer holiday to avoid disruption.
- Ground remediation measures after asbestos containing materials discovered within the area of the foundation excavations.
- Groundwater attenuation installed as part of the new drainage system.
- A precast concrete ground floor slab and a lightweight timber framed superstructure were installed.
- Close liaison with Anthology and the main scheme contractor to develop the design features of the apartments.
- A full sized replica of an apartment was constructed and fitted out within the new suite, including a brick clad external balcony.
- A feature joinery wall incorporating Anthology’s corporate branding for the development, installed within the marketing area.
- Feature lighting and AV installations also installed within the marketing suite.
- Glazed entrance area fitted with security and access control.
- Glazed partitioned meeting rooms and kitchen facilities fitted.
- Works completed and the Marketing Suite operational to programme