Client: Northern & Midland Holdings Limited
Contract Period: 44 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT Design& Build 2011
Architect: 21st Architecture
Structural Engineer: Michael Hadi Associates
The works comprise of a comprehensive internal Cat B fit out of the office space on the second and third floors of 80 Hammersmith Road. These works include meeting rooms, offices, tea points, office service areas, showers and a kitchen break out area.
Apex were appointed to undertake structural alterations and the fit out of the basement & ground floor levels of a predominantly residential building, to create a larger commercial floor space for our client.
- Separating the building’s incoming utilities into separately metered residential & commercial supplies, and diverting existing high level residential drainage runs within the ground floor, whilst maintaining the tenant’s services.
- The removal of an existing disused lift shaft from the basement & ground floor levels to provide an open plan floor plate, and installing a new structural frame to support the remaining shaft structure on the floor above.
- Extending the ground floor into the rear external yard, significantly increasing the commercial floor area. Works included the removal of structural columns, the extension of the boundary external walls and the installation of a new green roof with large glazed roof lights.
- Installing a new damp proof tanking system to the existing basement walls & slab, integrity maintained by use of specialist fixings during the fit out. Basement natural lighting was increased by the extension of ground floor lightwells.
- The replacement of the windows and the installation of a new front entrance canopy, supported from a cantilevered steel frame fitted into the existing façade of the building.
- New toilet & shower area in the basement, including the extension and reordering of the existing underground drainage system to accommodate.
- Overboarding the existing soffits and installing exposed services on both floors, utilising minimal height raised access flooring systems to maximise the restricted head heights.
Maintaining a continuous dialogue with our client throughout the project meant they were able to accurately market the property and secured a successful letting immediately upon completion of the project.