Client: London Borough of Bexley
Contract Period: 35 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT 2011 (with CDP)
Quantity Surveyor: Pellings
Apex Contractors were appointed to construct a new wing and extend the hall for Danson Primary School, and to carry out some remodelling and renovation works in the existing building.
- Enabling works undertaken over Christmas 2015 to have the site set-up completed for works to commence on January 4th 2016, the same day the school returned from holiday.
- Remediation of asbestos uncovered within the substructure of the existing building.
- The tight programme was achieved by the use of lightweight steel & timber framing, and SIPs panelling for the superstructure of the new building.
- Brick and aluminium weatherboard cladding to the external elevations. Extensive M&E services installation including a photovoltaic system, mixed mode natural ventilation within the new classrooms, high level radiant panel heaters within the hall and underfloor heating throughout.
- Use of the school’s existing maintenance contractors for the security, access data and fire alarm installations.
- Classrooms all complete and available for use for the start of the Autumn 2016 term, as planned.