Client: South Essex College
Contract Period: 35 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT Design& Build stage 2
Employers Agent: Atol BLue
Structural Engineer: Mike Davenport
M & E Consultants: Mott Macdonald
Apex were contracted to provide new Construction, Engineering and Motor facilities within two warehouse buildings.
- Extensive asbestos removal to both buildings and an entire roof to one of the buildings.
- Demolition & strip out of all existing M&E services.
- New Mezzanine floor structure to No. 28 including new pile foundations within the existing structure.
- New mechanical and electrical installation to both buildings including security.
- Replacement of existing roller shutters, windows and doors with new.
- Installation of garage equipment to building No. 30.
- Provision of new classrooms and workshops in both buildings.
- Provision of new construction pods, works areas for electrical, carpentry, multi skill, tiling, painting & decorating and bricklaying students.
- The project was fast track to meet the College deadline for the new student intake and involved an extensive amount of close dialogue with the College representatives to enable the timely design and construction of the specialised areas.