Client: Basildon Borough Council
Contract Period: 52 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT Design&B
Structural Engineer: Ellis & Moore
Contract Administrator: Potter Raper
Apex Contractors were appointed to design and build a new Doctors Surgery on the land of the historic Wickford Market in Essex for the NHS.
- Foundations consisted of CFA Piles to a depth of 22m. Construct pile caps and reinforced concrete beams with holding down bolts for steel frame structure.
- Full steel framed structure bolted down to the foundations.
- Substructure walls with drainage and service ducts.
- Block & beam Floor.
- Ayreshire metal framework including insulation and ties for masonry construction.
- Façade consisted of Permarock rendered blockwork, face brickwork with stone cills and headers to windows and stone band at first floor level.
- Roof was constructed in timber with a tiled mono pitch trussed roof forming the edge protection to the main cut to falls roof, covered in a single ply membrane.
- Full internal fit out with metal stud walls with acoustic plasterboard. Ceilings were mixed MF and suspended with tiles. Floors were vinyl and carpet throughout.
- A lift was installed with 2 No. concrete staircases either end of the building.
- The Building was designed with both mechanical vented and natural fresh air.
- The entire construction was built under NHS strict guidelines as well as British Standards Code of Practice.
- Externally we constructed a 24 bay car park with subtle landscaped areas around the building.