New Health Facility, Wickford
Basildon Borough Council
Form of Contract
JCT Design & B
Gibberds, Ellie & Moore, Potter Raper
We were appointed to design and build a new Doctors Surgery on the land of the historic Wickford Market in Essex for the NHS.
- CFA Piles to a depth of 22m. Construct pile caps and reinforced concrete beams with holding down bolts for steel frame structure.
- A full steel framed structure bolted down to the foundations.
- Substructure walls with drainage and service ducts and a block & beam Floor.
- Ayreshire metal framework including insulation and ties for masonry construction.
- Permarock rendered blockwork, face brickwork with stone cills and headers to windows and stone band at first floor level.
- Roof constructed in timber with a tiled mono pitch trussed roof forming the edge protection to the main cut to falls roof, covered in a single ply membrane.
- A full internal fit out with metal stud walls with acoustic plasterboard. Ceilings were mixed MF and suspended with tiles. Floors were vinyl and carpet throughout.
- Lift installed with 2 No. concrete staircases either end of the building.
- Externally we constructed a 24 bay car park with subtle landscaped areas around the building.
The entire construction was built under NHS strict guidelines as well as British Standards Code of Practice.