Client: Torrington Place Ltd
Contract Period: 52 Weeks
Form of Contract: JCT Prime Cost 2011
Architect: BarAxiom Architects
Quantity Surveyor: Avison Young
Service Engineer: Applied Energy
Apex were appointed to complete this project after the previous main contractor had gone into liquidation. In inheriting a part-completed scheme, Apex had to undertake the full validation of mechanical, plumbing and electrical services as well as ensuring all previously incorrectly constructed elements were identified and rectified in order to meet the final user’s specifications in terms of build quality and acoustic compliance.
- Removal of plant from the roof including air handling unit, condensers and generator in order to strip and lay new roofing system. A temporary roof was required in order to keep the building watertight throughout this operation.
- Completion of the plumbing, mechanical and electrical installations including rectification of previous substandard installations
- Completion of Lift installations.
- Drying out of the structure where water has ingressed due to faulty roof installations.
- Completion of lift, built in furniture and glazing installations.
- Decorations and floor finishes throughout.
- External works including formation of bin enclosures, roof plant enclosures.
- Works are also being undertaken in close liaison with the other building occupiers including department stores who share the building and need to continue their day to day operations unhindered.