Hoxton Press Marketing Suite
Form of Contract
JCT Design & Build 2011
KCA, Greenspace, Tower Eight
Apex were appointed by Anthology to construct and fit-out a new building to provide the Sales & Marketing Suite for their Hoxton Press residential development. The works were undertaken within the grounds of the adjacent Shoreditch Park Primary School and were subject to a very tight programme.
A full sized replica of an apartment was constructed as part of the works and fitted out within the new suite, including a brick clad external balcony. This required close liaison with Anthology and the main scheme contractor to develop the design features of the apartments.
All works involving heavy plant or craneage were completed during the school’s summer holiday to avoid disruption to students.
Other elements of the project included:
- Ground remediation measures. Taken after asbestos containing materials discovered within the area of the foundation excavations.
- A precast concrete ground floor slab and a lightweight timber framed superstructure were installed.
- A feature joinery wall incorporating Anthology’s corporate branding for the development, installed within the marketing area.
- Feature lighting and AV installations.
- Glazed entrance area fitted with security and access control.
- Glazed partitioned meeting rooms and kitchen facilities fitted.